Green Festival®, America’s largest and longest-running sustainability and green living event, will be held in 2016 on November 11-13 in San Francisco at a new location – Pier 35, foot-traffic friendly and easily accessible from anywhere in the city.
“San Francisco continues to be the epicenter for the sustainability movement, especially around food and technology. Green Festival is proud to bring together consumers, local businesses, environmental advocates, community leaders and sustainability experts, all under one roof to help advance this movement and create ways for people to discover new products and sustainable businesses that are making a difference for the future,” says Dr. Corinna Basler, president of Green Festivals, Inc.
“This is an exciting time for Green Festival to be at Pier 35 as we celebrate our 15th anniversary in San Francisco.”
At the new venue, the Green Festival Expo will have two new pavilions for sustainable innovation and fashion. The Sustainable Fashion Pavilion will be hosted in-part by San Francisco Sustainable Fashion Week International and throughout the venue there will be offerings of organic foods, hands-on demos, educational activities and inspirational speakers at several pavilions and green-theme stages. Aside from Fashion and Sustainable Innovations, there will be a Lifestyle Pavilion, highlighting green business entrepreneurs, community leaders and environmental experts; Family Fun Pavilion, with interactive educational activities and entertainment for kids; Integral Yoga Institute SF / Pacific Domes Yoga Pavilion featuring free yoga instruction and classes; and the main Green Festival Pavilion.
As a preview watch this brief recap of this year’s Los Angeles show.
In San Francisco, Green Festival will offer opportunities for consumers to learn about and test ride new vehicles that make travel easier, healthier and more sustainable. Green Transportation industry leader Kia will be on-site to display, and offer test drives in, their eco-friendly Kia Soul EV.
- Some of the pioneering, expert presenters speaking at the Green Festival Expo will be:
- Laura Turner Seydel, humanitarian, environmentalist and daughter of Jane Fonda, award-winning actress, author and activist
- Amy Ziff, founder of Made Safe
- Terri Farley, Author and photojournalist, American Wild Horse Preservation
- Abigail Steinberg, Author of Recipe for Success: An Insider’s Guide to Bringing Your Natural Foods to Market
- Ayele Solomon, Founder of Honey Wine Company
- Michael Fitzgerald, Author of Fracking Justice
- Adrienne Piece, Head of Business Development at The CSR Group
- Allan Hackler, founder of Bay Maples Wild California Gardens
- Katie Patrick, founder of Hello World Labs
- Paul Herman, CEO, HIP (Human Impact + Profit) Investor
- Shane Zisman, Vice President of Operations at Global Family Farms
- And a very special performance by The Climate Music Project on Saturday
- As a new feature of the Expo, Green Festival will also screen environmental documentary films as part of their own sustainability film festival, including:
- Cowspiracy – The Sustainability Secret, this acclaimed documentary raises awareness of the harmful effects of one of the planet’s most destructive industries, animal agriculture. Discuss the film with the co-director Keegan Kuhm in a post-screening Q&A. All donations for this screening will go back to American Wild Horse Preservation;
- Love Thy Nature – narrated by Liam Neeson, reveals how a renewed connection with nature is key not only to well being, but also to solving environmental crises;
- Speciesism – focuses on the way animals are treated on factory farms across the United States. Director Mark Devries will host a screening and Q&A session to discuss his movie.
Green Festival is one of the only trade and consumer shows that is completely vegan and vegetarian offering meatless, non-GMO products and a vegan / vegetarian food court as an opportunity to showcase how food choices can positively impact sustainability and climate change. Hundreds of products like Lakanto’s zero calorie, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO Monkfruit sweetener will be offered as samples throughout the Festival. VegFund, which empowers vegan activists worldwide, is working closely with the organizers to co-sponsor the Cowspiracy screening series and co-sponsor the Green Festival Expo’s Social Media Lounge.
In addition to the wide variety of food options, attendees can discover and buy thousands of new sustainable products and services from fashion, body care and wellness, home and garden to transportation and renewable energy. Among the many exhibitors, Kombucha Brewers International-Kombucha Village will be offering free samples of Kombucha for all three days of the event. Green Festival will also team up with Wonder Dog Rescue, Petcurean Pet Nutrition and The Gentle Barn for the Green Festival-Saves-Lives Campaign. Attendees will have the opportunity to save lives by adopting homeless animals onsite, throughout the weekend.
As part of its tradition, Green Festival will host the Green Festival Brand and Community Awards, which will recognize an exhibitor and a local nonprofit working to find solutions for the green community in San Francisco. The winners will be announced on the last day of the Expo. The public are invited to vote online right now at Greenfestivals.org for their favorite brand and nonprofit organization.
Admission pre-paid online is $5 less per day than the $10 per day at the door. Receive $5 off at the door by riding public transit, or being a senior, veteran or active military. Free admission to bicyclists who park at the show’s Stromer Bike Valet. Students of San Francisco-area schools or universities receive free admission Friday and discounted admission all weekend.
Learn more at GreenFestivals.org, and follow Green Festival on Facebook and Twitter @GreenFestival.